John R. Bsharah
Attorney Phone Number
About West Virginia Corporate Law Attorney John R. Bsharah
John R. Bsharah is a member at Lewis Gianola PLLC in Charleston, West Virginia (WV). His practice as a West Virginia corporate law attorney focuses on commercial, real estate, and transactional law. Clients with pending legal matters in these areas need an attorney who is responsive, knowledgeable, and diligent; Mr. Bsharah meets those needs, providing timely, pragmatic, and focused legal counsel and representation.
A West Virginia Corporate Law Attorney for Your Business Needs
Mr. Bsharah works with clients operating under various corporate formations, including limited liability companies, partnerships, for-profit corporations, non-profit corporations, and public corporations. He also serves local government and municipal entities. Mr. Bsharah has extensive experience with West Virginia’s Uniform Limited Liability Company Act, the West Virginia Business Corporation Act, and the West Virginia Nonprofit Corporation Act.
Mr. Bsharah’s work with corporate clients extends to all areas of business and operations, including the following:
- Preparation and filing of organizational and governing documents;
- General transactions;
- Corporate governance and procedure;
- Contract procurement;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Asset sales, acquisitions, and protection;
- Real property matters;
- Director and officer liability; and
John R. Bsharah: WV Real Estate Attorney
Nearly every area of commercial law intersects at some point with real estate. A WV real estate attorney and title agent with Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, Mr. Bsharah’s extensive practice includes examining titles and preparing title opinions, as well as researching and preparing documents associated with commercial and residential real estate transactions, including easements, rights-of-way, deeds, releases, leases, lien and security documents, and more.
Builders and developers rely on Mr. Bsharah’s knowledge in the construction, development, and management of a variety of real estate projects, including the development of low-income housing projects throughout West Virginia utilizing federal and state tax credits. Mr. Bsharah has extensive experience with the Uniform Common Interest Ownership Act and works with homeowners associations and developers in all matters related to common interest communities. Mr. Bsharah has been involved in the development and creation of common interest communities, as well as the preparation of declarations, bylaws, rules and policies, and other related documents.
Working with property and homeowners associations on a variety of matters, Mr. Bsharah provides legal counsel related to governance and procedural best practices, elections, assessments, sales and purchases, document revision and enforcement, finance and budgeting, and the host of other matters faced by these groups.
Services of a West Virginia Complex Transactions Attorney
As a West Virginia complex transactions attorney, John R. Bsharah represents small and large clients in all phases of transactions, including but not limited to the initial deal phase through closing and post-closing issues. His work in this area includes assisting clients with financial and secured transactions as well as mergers and acquisitions. He also represents clients in the negotiation and preparation of contracts, as well as in issues that may arise under a contract.
Additional Practices as a WV Corporate Law Attorney and More
Mr. Bsharah is experienced in matters related to West Virginia’s lottery and alcohol industries, including representing clients in licensing and regulatory issues. He also provides counsel and representation in matters related to West Virginia’s medical cannabis industry.
Individuals and families rely on Mr. Bsharah’s legal experience and skills when they are planning for the future. In his wills, trusts, and estates practice, Mr. Bsharah works with his clients to draft and implement estate planning documents and manage the probate process.
Education and Background of John R. Bsharah
Mr. Bsharah is a long-time Charleston, West Virginia resident. A graduate of George Washington High School, he received his BA from West Virginia University and his JD from the West Virginia University College of Law. He is involved in the Charleston community, serving as a board member for The Counseling Connection, a local non-profit, and as a member of the parish council at St. George Orthodox Cathedral.
When he is not working to assist clients, Mr. Bsharah enjoys spending time with his friends and family. His interests also include history, current events, golf, and travel.
Contact West Virginia Corporate Law Attorney John R. Bsharah
Mr. Bsharah is dedicated to his work as a West Virginia corporate law attorney and to providing the highest quality of service and representation to his clients. For help with your commercial, real estate, and transactional law matters, contact John R. Bsharah at Lewis Gianola PLLC in Charleston by calling (304) 345-2000 or completing the law firm’s online contact form.
- West Virginia University College of Law, JD, 2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award®, Business Transactions and Drafting, 2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award®, Transactional Skills, 2013
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award®, Interviewing, Counseling, Negotiation & Mediation, 2012
- West Virginia University, BA, 2010
- Magna cum laude
- President’s List, 2010
- Dean’s List, 2007 to 2009
- Eberly College of Arts and Sciences Certificate of Achievement
- Promise Scholarship
Recognitions and Awards
- Selected to Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2022 to 2023
- Development of low-income housing project
- Development of condominium project
- Representing client in the purchase of recreational sports business
- Representing client in the sale of corporate assets
Presentations and Lectures
- “Current Issues in the World of Common Interest Ownership,” 2022 West Virginia Bar Association Real Estate Law Conference, May 2022
- “Short Term Rentals, Leases, Businesses, Policy & W. Va. Law,” West Virginia Organization of Homeowners Associations, November 2021
- “Common Interest Communities in West Virginia; Assessments, Taxability, and Collections; Legal Underpinnings of Common Interest Communities,” West Virginia Organization of Homeowners Associations, June 2020
- “Land Use Regulation and Medical Cannabis Uses in West Virginia,” Strategic Cannabis Conference 2020; Advanced Topics presented by West Virginia University Continuing Legal Education Program, October 2020
- Presenter, West Virginia Medical Cannabis Law & Business Conference, Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative, October 2017
Community and Public Service